Safeguarding at Foxhole Learning Academy
If you have any serious concerns about your child or any other pupil at Foxhole Learning Academy please do not hesitate to contact the Designated Safeguarding Lead who knows who to contact for the best advice and help and is experienced in using the appropriate degree of confidentiality.
Operation Encompass is the reporting to schools, prior to the start of the next school day, when a child or young person has exposed to, or involved in, any domestic incident.
Operation Encompass ensures that a member of the school staff, known as a Key Adult, is trained to allow them to liaise with the police and to use the information that has been shared in confidence. This enables us to make provision for possible difficulties experienced by children, or their families, who have been involved in, or exposed to, a domestic abuse incident.
Our Key Adult is Tania Findlay MBE, who is supported by Rachel Allison.
Mrs Tania Findlay MBE
Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL)
- ensures safeguarding is at the heart of the school ethos and that all staff are supported in knowing how to recognise and respond to potential concerns
- liaise with the executive head teacher to keep them informed of any safeguarding of issues especially ongoing enquiries and police investigations
- as required, liaise with the local authority case manager or the designated officer at the local authority if a concern has arisen regarding a member of staff
- liaise with parents and staff on matters of safety and safeguarding and when deciding whether to make a referral by liaising with relevant agencies
- act as a source of support, advice and expertise for parents and staff
Miss Rachel Allison
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL)
Miss Charlotte Jane
Year 3/4 Teacher / SENDCO
Currently on maternity leave